This sounds yummy. We all like summer squash and I can't wait to try this recipe. Our local farm has just started selling the yellow squash, so looks like a trip to the farm is in order.
Grilled Squash Fans
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 6 yellow squash
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Cut each squash lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices, cutting to within 1 inch of stem end. Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine chopped basil and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until blended. Add squash and tomato, tossing gently to coat; let stand 1 hour.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade; insert tomato slices between squash slices, and secure with wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender, basting often with reserved marinade. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Squash Fans Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables