Grilled Split Lobsters with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 (1- to 1 1/2-pound) live lobsters
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place a live lobster belly up on a cutting board. Place the tip of a large knife in the center of the lobster. Quickly cut lobster in half from the center to the head, and then cut in half from the center to the tip of the tail. Repeat with remaining lobsters.
- Brush cut side of lobsters with melted butter. Place lobsters, cut-side up, on grill. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is opaque and shells are red.
- Combine lime rind and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combined.
- Place cooked lobsters, cut-side up, on a serving platter. Drizzle each half with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Wine note: This year, Norren Graziano helps celebrate The Trellis' 25th anniversary with chef Marcel Desaulniers and his partner, John Curtis. For this recipe, Noreen recommends Calera Viognier Mt. Harlan ($36).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes