Grilled Soft-Shell Crab and Pineapple Salad with Watercress
Photo: Karry Hosford
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38.9g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and cut into 12 slices
- Cooking spray
- 6 (5 to 6-ounce) soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 2 bunches)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 2 cups diced peeled avocado
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). Cool. Combine one-fourth pineapple juice mixture, yogurt, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Chill dressing.
- Place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 2 minutes on each side.
- Place crab on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes; turn and baste frequently with yogurt mixture.
- Divide spinach and watercress evenly among 6 plates. Top each serving with 2 pineapple pieces, 1/3 cup onion, 1/3 cup avocado, and 1 crab; drizzle each with 2 tablespoons dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Soft-Shell Crab and Pineapple Salad with Watercress Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This