I added a bit (maybe about 1/2 TBSP) of brown sugar to the sauce after I added the orange rind. It made the meal much more flavorful. My husband loved it. It's easy enough for him to make by himself!
Grilled Snapper with Orange-Almond Sauce
- 6 (8-ounce) snapper or grouper fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Rub fish fillets with oil. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange thyme sprigs on hot charcoal or hot lava rocks on grill. Coat food rack with vegetable cooking spray; place on grill over high heat (400° to 500°). Place fish on rack, and grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add almonds, and sauté 5 minutes or until butter is brown. Remove from heat. Stir in orange rind. Pour sauce over fish. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes