I love this recipe. I made it the first time with flank steak because I couldn't find skirt, but preferred it the second time when I made it with skirt steak. I think it's a great cut of meat, contrary to other reviewers. I, personally don't think this sauce would be good with regular baked potatoes, but I'm a big fan of sweet potatoes. I made this in the broiler and the potatoes took a little longer to cook than the recipe says. Oh, after making it the first time as written, I added less olive oil the second time. We didn't miss it and it makes the dish healthier. I bet this sauce would also be great on fish!
Grilled Skirt Steak and Potatoes with Herb Sauce
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 593
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Sodium: 503mg
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 37g
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Heat grill to medium. Place the parsley, oregano, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Add the vinegar, oil, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and pulse to combine; set aside.
Season the steak with the remaining salt and the pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, as the steak cooks, toss the potatoes in a large bowl with 1/3 cup of the herb sauce. Place them on the grill in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until tender, about 4 minutes per side. Divide the steak and potatoes among individual plates and serve with the remaining herb sauce on the side.
Tip: For a quick boost, toss this fresh, flavorful sauce with pasta or spoon it over chicken, fish, or pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes