Good meal. Had to use the Foreman grill as our Trager is temp out of comission. Can't wait to try this again. I used tenderloins as I find sirloin is too chewy. I also used jar mango slices - so much easier. Served with coconut rice.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Mango and Chile Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle steak evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 3 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a medium bowl; toss. Top with peanuts. Serve salad with steak.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note