This is a good solid recipe but I didn't find it very exciting. Steak is good just because steak is good, same goes for mango but it's not like the flavors together blew me away or anything. Won't keep this recipe just because it's too much like something I would just throw together anyway.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Mango and Chile Salad
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Mango and Chile Salad delivers a nice combination of sweet and spicy in one dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle steak evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 3 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a medium bowl; toss. Top with peanuts. Serve salad with steak.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note