Grilled Sirloin Steak with Mango and Chile Salad
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Coconut-Ginger Rice
- calories 230
- fat 7.4 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 3.1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 26.9 g
- carbohydrate 14.4 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 360 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Sprinkle steak evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 3 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a medium bowl; toss. Top with peanuts. Serve salad with steak.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.