Awesome and SUPER fast! Made exactly as written. Served 2 and saved half for steak salad night later in the week. Used 1/2 of the anchovy butter as the fat in instant mashed potatoes to complete the super fast meal. Next time, I won't microwave the butter if it's already room temp. I'm a diddler in the kitchen and still pulled this together in 20 minutes. Love Love
Grilled Sirloin with Anchovy-Lemon Butter and Broccoli Rabe
This savory Grilled Sirloin with Anchovy-Lemon Butter and fresh and flavorful Broccoli Rabe is special enough for a dinner party, but fast enough for a weeknight meal. It's to the table in 20 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup presliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- 2. Place butter in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rind, juice, and anchovy paste; stir until combined. Set aside.
- 3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth and rabe; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining rind and salt.
- 4. Place 3 ounces steak and 1/2 cup rabe on each of 4 plates. Top each steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note