Grilled Sirloin with Anchovy-Lemon Butter and Broccoli Rabe
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup presliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), cut into 1-inch pieces
- calories 223
- fat 11.6 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 24.8 g
- carbohydrate 4.3 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 400 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
Place butter in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rind, juice, and anchovy paste; stir until combined. Set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth and rabe; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining rind and salt.
Place 3 ounces steak and 1/2 cup rabe on each of 4 plates. Top each steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter.