Grilled Sicilian Vegetable Salad with Spicy Gruyère Toast
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 244mg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb mixture
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced eggplant
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups mixed greens
- Gruyère toast
- 1/2 pound baked ciabatta loaf
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 4 ingredients (through vinegar) in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Place the vegetables (eggplant through red onion) in an even layer on a large baking pan. Brush vegetables on both sides with marinade; sprinkle with sea salt, then place on prepared grill.
- 3. Grill for 5–7 minutes or until lightly browned, brushing with marinade, as needed. Turn vegetables occasionally to brown all sides; when cooked, remove from heat and cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- 4. Place bread slices on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake for 4–6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, and rub bread with garlic cloves. Set aside.
- 5. Combine cheeses, parsley, cayenne, and mustard in a medium bowl. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over toast. Return toast to oven, and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- 6. Divide greens among 4 plates. Top with grilled vegetables, and serve with 1 Gruyère toast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes