Grilled Shrip with Chile, Cilantro, and Lime
- 16 whole(s) Jumbo Shrimp unpeeled
- 6 tablespoon(s) fish sauce nuoc nam nam pla
- 4 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 30 sprig(s) cilantro chopped
- 10 whole(s) red chiles Holland or Anaheim stemmed
- 8 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 2 piece(s) 1" ginger peeled
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) Palm sugar or light brown sugar packed
- Combine shrimp. 2 Tbsp. fish sauce, 2 Tbsp.oil, and turmeric in a large bowl; toss to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Puree 4 Tbsp.fish sauce, 2 Tbsp. oil,cilantro,and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until a coarse mixture foms;transfer dipping sauce to a small bowl and set aside.
- Build a meduim-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high. Oil grill grates. Shake excess liquid from shrip and place shrip on grill. Cook,turning occasionally, until shrip are charred and cooked through, 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shr99lr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note