Grilled Shrimp with Tarator Sauce
Photo: Tina Rupp; Styling: Deborah J. Disabatino
- 2 3/4 pounds (about 50) fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Tarator Sauce
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a large shallow baking dish, and toss well. Squeeze rosemary sprigs lightly to release flavor, then tuck down into shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- 2. Thread 5 shrimp on each of 10 long metal skewers (or wooden ones soaked in water), leaving space between shrimp. Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (500° to 550°), 1 1/2 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve hot or at room temperature with Tarator Sauce.
- Note: Shrimp may be broiled in the oven rather than grilled. Simply broil 4 inches from heat 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers