Grilled Shrimp with Piri-Piri Sauce
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 5 ounces shrimp)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 261mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- Grilled shrimp:
- 3 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 5 small hot red chile peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Piri-piri sauce:
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 small hot red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- Cooking spray
- To prepare grilled shrimp, peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Starting at tail end, butterfly each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, backside of shrimp. Combine shrimp, wine, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and thinly sliced peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- To prepare piri-piri sauce, combine vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, salt, and chopped peppers; stir well with a whisk.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove shrimp from bag; reserve marinade. Thread shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 7 minutes on each side or until done; turn and baste frequently with reserved marinade.
- Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with 1/4 cup piri-piri sauce.
- Note: Store remaining piri-piri sauce in an airtight container in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note