Excellent meal on a hot day. Very quick to prepare.
Grilled Shrimp with Lemon-Pesto Rice
Prepared pesto makes this dish a snap, but you can use homemade if you have some on hand. Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 673
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 1269mg
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pesto (purchased or homemade)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb.), tails on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1. Heat a grill to medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds) or set a broiler to high and position a rack 6 inches below the heating element.
- 2. In a 2- to 3-quart pan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover, adjust heat to low, and cook until most of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit 5 minutes. Stir in pesto and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl toss shrimp with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and the pepper.
- 4. Grill shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, or broil on a baking sheet about 4 minutes total (no need to turn).
- 5. Serve shrimp over rice and top with tomatoes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes