Grilled Shrimp With Bacon and Jalapeños
If you're in a hurry, try the fully cooked bacon slices. Don't use flat, thin wooden picks--use thick, round ones.
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 16 thick, round wooden picks
- 16 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 thick-cut bacon slices, halved
- Soak round wooden picks in water 30 minutes.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired. Set shrimp aside.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise into 8 pieces; remove seeds.
- Toss together shrimp, jalapeño peppers, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Microwave bacon slices on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice half around 1 shrimp and 1 piece of jalapeño pepper. Secure with a wooden pick. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon slices, shrimp, and jalapeño pepper pieces.
- Grill, without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note