This was a great dish. My 7 year old daughter couldn't stop talking amount how delicious it was, I made two pounds and it just wasn't enough. There were 3 adults and two kids and this was a total hit!!! We will be making again very soon!
Grilled Shrimp with Asian Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Jean Allsopp; Styling: Julia Rutland
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound peeled, large fresh shrimp
- Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño, and onion; sauté about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Cool mixture slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; add vinegar, tomato paste, and sesame oil, and process until a chunky puree forms.
- Toss shrimp with 1/4 cup of the sauce; cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place shrimp in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve shrimp with remaining sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This