Grilled Shrimp-Watermelon Salad with Honey-Balsamic Dressing
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 peaches, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Honey-Balsamic Dressing
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large shallow dish. Add shrimp to dish; toss to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours; remove shrimp, discarding marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350º to 400º) 2 minutes on each side.
- Brush peaches with vegetable oil. Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350º to 400º) until golden brown. Grill watermelon, covered with lid, just until grill marks form. Cut rind from watermelon. Chop watermelon and cut peaches into wedges; place in a large bowl. Add berries and cilantro; toss gently.
- Spoon fruit mixture onto serving plates. Top each serving with 4 shrimp, and drizzle with Honey-Balsamic Dressing. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads