Grilled Shrimp Tapenade Quesadillas
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 anchovy fillets or 1 3/4 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 pound small shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- With food processor running, drop garlic through food chute; process until minced. Add anchovies, capers, and olive oil; process until finely minced. Add olives, processing just until chopped. (Do not overprocess; mixture should be chunky.)
- Combine olive mixture and shrimp in a large bowl; toss well. Place 4 tortillas on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/3 cup cheese; top with one-fourth of shrimp mixture. Top shrimp mixture with remaining cheese. Place remaining tortillas over cheese, pressing down gently.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat (300º to 350º) for 2 minutes. Quickly and carefully turn quesadillas, using a large, wide spatula. Grill, covered, 2 additional minutes or until cheese melts and tortillas are golden. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges, and serve immediately.
- Tip: Turning the quesadillas quickly keeps their juices from dripping, which can cause flare-ups and burned tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This