Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) extra-large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 medium red onions sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobe sauce minced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 avocado peeled pitted diced
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 8 taco shells or 6 In tortillas
- Heat Grill to high.
- Place shrimp in large bowl, season with salt, pepper and cumin. Toss to coat evenly.
- Divide the shrimp among 6 skewers and do not crowd.
- Place onion in grill pan and grill.
- Lightly oil grill grates.
- Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side; onions for about 5 minutes per side.
- Chop red onions and place in medium bowl; stir in the celery, tomatoes, chipolte pepper and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In small bowl, toss avocado with lime juice.
- In another small bowl, stir together the sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve shrimp, red onion salsa, avocado and sour cream on table with shells/tortilla.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bamannisi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note