We've pumped up Grilled Shrimp and Spinach Salad with a colorful mix of sliced mangoes, fresh rapsberries, goat cheese, and of course, grilled shrimp.
Southern Living FEBRUARY 2012
1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Devein shrimp, if desired. Combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
4. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers.
5. Toss spinach, mangoes, and onion with 1/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large bowl; arrange on a serving platter. Top with grilled shrimp. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and raspberries. Serve with remaining Basil Vinaigrette.
TRY THIS TWIST:
Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken: Omit skewers. Substitute 2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for shrimp. Prepare recipe as directed, increasing grill time to 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice and serve as directed.
Hands-on time: 38 min.; Total time: 1 hr., 8 min., including vinaigrette.
Go to full version of