Followed the recipe exactly but used Blue cheese. It was the best and will make again later this week
Grilled Shrimp and Spinach Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Annette Joseph
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp (3 1/40 count)
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided
- 2 (6-oz.) packages fresh baby spinach
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 (4-oz.) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Devein shrimp, if desired. Combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 4. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers.
- 5. Toss spinach, mangoes, and onion with 1/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large bowl; arrange on a serving platter. Top with grilled shrimp. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and raspberries. Serve with remaining Basil Vinaigrette.
- TRY THIS TWIST:
- Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken: Omit skewers. Substitute 2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for shrimp. Prepare recipe as directed, increasing grill time to 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice and serve as directed.
- Hands-on time: 38 min.; Total time: 1 hr., 8 min., including vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This