Loved it! So did my family, it was excellent, if a little spicy for my weak tongue, but the fruit was still sooooo good. Glad to have some leftovers.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Summer Fruit Salsa
Fresh fruit and succulent grilled shrimp capture the essence of summer in this dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 31.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 449mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe plum (about 1)
- 1/2 cup diced apricots (about 2)
- 1/2 cup diced nectarine (about 1)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 6 lime wedges
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- To prepare salsa, combine the first 13 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare shrimp, place butter, 2 teaspoons juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic, and shrimp in a large bowl; toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Serve with salsa and lime wedges. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note