A great recipe for a hot summer night. Very refreshing. Tried mainly because the tea vinaigrette intrigued me and it did not disappoint. Used 3 oz of Spring Mix, close to a lb of shrimp, 2 peaches, half pecans, half cheese, half dressing for 2 servings. Could have used more greens and more cheese. Made a large main dish salad and served baked potato on the side. Delicious!
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Sweet Tea Vinaigrette
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 6 Minutes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pound peeled, jumbo raw shrimp (1 6/20 count)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large fresh peaches, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 (6-oz.) bag mixed baby salad greens
- Sweet Tea Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Devein shrimp, if desired, and toss with olive oil. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Grill peach wedges 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 3. Toss salad greens with Sweet Tea Vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with grilled shrimp, peaches, blue cheese, and pecans. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes