- 1 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (7 1/2-ounce) jars roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (1-ounce) slice gluten-free white bread
- 48 large fresh shrimp (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- calories 170
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 23.9 g
- carbohydrate 4.7 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 419 mg
- calcium 72 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place first 10 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
Place shrimp on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve with sauce.
To get a head start on this appetizer, you can prepare and refrigerate the no-cook sauce the night before. Store it in an airtight container, and then set it out while you grill your shrimp so it can come to room temperature; or, serve the sauce chilled, if you like.