Loved this. We only used one teaspoon chili powder and substituted cous cous for quinoa. It was great!!!
Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Quinoa Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 58 Minutes
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 10 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, black pepper, hot sauce, paprika, and 2 garlic cloves in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 3. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves and quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add quinoa mixture, tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, and cheese; toss gently.
- 4. Remove shrimp from bowl; discard marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 (6-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 5. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 skewers. Garnish with cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note