My husband said it was the best thing I have ever made! It was pretty easy too, as I am not known for my culinary prowess! Yum, will make again!!!
Grilled Shrimp Po'Boy
Po'boys are Louisiana's version of a submarine sandwich. They're typically made with fried seafood, but ours features shrimp that's marinated in a spicy seasoning mixture and grilled.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 41.3g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 989mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 168mg
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (11.5-ounce) loaf unsliced French bread
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top freezer bag; seal bag, and toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- . Cut bread loaf in half horizontally. Hollow out top half of loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch border; reserve torn bread for another use. Coat cut sides of both loaf halves with cooking spray.
- . Prepare grill.
- . Thread shrimp evenly onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between each shrimp. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- . Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of loaf. Arrange lettuce, shrimp, and onion evenly over bottom half. Replace top half of loaf. Cut sandwich crosswise into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note