This was tasty and very easy to make. I used a pillsbury whole wheat crust and baked it in the oven. Great flavors. Yum!
Grilled Shrimp Pizza
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 48.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 636mg
- Calcium: 401mg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces), divided
- 6 tablespoons stone-ground yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Remaining ingredients:
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons green salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- To prepare dough, dissolve honey and yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly sticky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough), roll each into a 10-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on 2 rimless baking sheets, each sprinkled with 2 tablespoons cornmeal. Brush each portion with 1 teaspoon oil; coat lightly with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap; chill.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly, and coarsely chop. Combine cheeses.
- Remove plastic wrap from 1 dough portion; discard plastic. Slide dough onto grill rack coated with cooking spray, using a spatula as a guide. Grill 3 minutes or until lightly browned; turn. Spread 3 tablespoons salsa over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with half of the shrimp and 2 cups cheese mixture. Grill an additional 3 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Remove and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, salsa, shrimp, and cheese mixture. Sprinkle each pizza with 1/4 cup cilantro. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes