This was tasty and very easy to make. I used a pillsbury whole wheat crust and baked it in the oven. Great flavors. Yum!
Grilled Shrimp Pizza
Green salsa (also known as "salsa verde") is available in most grocery stores either near Hispanic foods or stored with other bottled salsas. Queso fresco is a salty, crumbly Mexican cheese you'll find in most major supermarkets or at Latin markets.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 48.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 636mg
- Calcium: 401mg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water (100Â° to 110Â°)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces), divided
- 6 tablespoons stone-ground yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Remaining ingredients:
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) queso fresco, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons green salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- To prepare dough, dissolve honey and yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly sticky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough), roll each into a 10-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on 2 rimless baking sheets, each sprinkled with 2 tablespoons cornmeal. Brush each portion with 1 teaspoon oil; coat lightly with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap; chill.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly, and coarsely chop. Combine cheeses.
- Remove plastic wrap from 1 dough portion; discard plastic. Slide dough onto grill rack coated with cooking spray, using a spatula as a guide. Grill 3 minutes or until lightly browned; turn. Spread 3 tablespoons salsa over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with half of the shrimp and 2 cups cheese mixture. Grill an additional 3 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Remove and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining dough, salsa, shrimp, and cheese mixture. Sprinkle each pizza with 1/4 cup cilantro. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note