Grilled Shrimp Pincho
Ají dulce peppers look exactly like habaneros, but are much milder. You can substitute jalapeño, poblano, or Anaheim chiles.
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 ají dulce peppers, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Guava Glaze
- 1 orange, cut into 12 wedges
- Soak skewers in water 1 hour, and prepare grill.
- Toss shrimp with garlic and oil. Wrap each shrimp around a pepper piece, and thread onto a skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Remove skewers from grill.
- Brush shrimp with Guava Glaze. Add 1 orange wedge to end of each skewer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers