Grilled Shrimp Kebabs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 poblano chiles or 1 bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- Warm Bulgur Wheat Pilaf
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Thread shrimp, chiles, and tomatoes on skewers. Brush with 1/4 cup butter mixture, and cover. Prepare pilaf.
- Grill skewers over medium-hot coals 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Wine note: Natalie MacLean, author of Red, White, and Drunk All Over, suggests pairing the kebabs with Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, a refreshing New Zealand white. Its citrus and herbal aromas complement this dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes