A favorite at my house. The greek seasoning makes the difference!
Grilled-Shrimp Gyros with Herbed Yogurt Spread
Make the most of Greek ingredients by marinating fresh shrimp in olive oil and Greek seasoning and grilling. Serve the shrimp in pita rounds topped with a savory yogurt spread, feta, cucumber, and tomato.
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 4 (8-inch) pita rounds or gyro rounds
- Herbed Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Combine seasoning and olive oil in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal and chill 30 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes while shrimp marinates; thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) about 5 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Wrap each pita round in a damp cloth; microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until soft. Spread 1 side of each pita round with Herbed Yogurt Spread. Top evenly with shrimp, cheese, tomato, and cucumber; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note