A favorite at my house. The greek seasoning makes the difference!
Grilled-Shrimp Gyros with Herbed Yogurt Spread
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 4 (8-inch) pita rounds or gyro rounds
- Herbed Yogurt Spread
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Combine seasoning and olive oil in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal and chill 30 minutes.
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes while shrimp marinates; thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) about 5 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Wrap each pita round in a damp cloth; microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until soft. Spread 1 side of each pita round with Herbed Yogurt Spread. Top evenly with shrimp, cheese, tomato, and cucumber; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches