Amazing and flavorful! I roasted the veggies in the oven, and sautéed the shrimp in a pan...but otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing! Great summer meal.
Grilled Shrimp Gumbo Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Pursell
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (36/40 count)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) sweet onion slices
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered
- 2 (16-oz.) packages baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh Corn Vinaigrette
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Drizzle shrimp with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 3. Drizzle okra, onion, and bell pepper with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning.
- 4. Grill okra, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill onion slices and bell pepper, covered with grill lid, 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 5. Cut okra in half lengthwise. Coarsely chop bell pepper. Toss together okra, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- 6. Remove shrimp from skewers, and toss with okra mixture, tomatoes, and Fresh Corn Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads