Grilled Shrimp Gazpacho
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine garlic and next 7 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add tomatoes to food processor, and process until almost smooth. Stir tomatoes into vegetable mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss shrimp in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until done. Pour soup into bowls; top with shrimp.
- Pour: The affordable Chilean Casillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc makes a balanced companion to almost any seafood appetizer--and such a nice aperitif you may need an extra bottle for the meal.
- Another complement to light fare is San Angelo Pinot Grigio from Italy. If you're in the mood to experiment, try Stonehaven Winemakers Selection Riesling from Australia. This dry white exhibits citrus characteristics that pair well with the smoky grilled shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews