Grilled Shrimp and Citrus Skewers
More From Health
- Calories: 134
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 651mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 orange, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup jarred romesco sauce (available at specialty markets)
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together zest, chili powder, and sea salt. Add shrimp to bowl with spice mixture and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Alternately thread shrimp, citrus wedges, and peppers on 12 (10-inch) skewers (there should be several per skewer).
- 3. Heat the grill to medium-high.
- 4. Place the skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink and peppers are slightly charred (3-5 minutes). Transfer skewers to serving platter. Serve shrimp with romesco sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This