- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 orange, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup jarred romesco sauce (available at specialty markets)
- calories 134
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 95 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 651 mg
- calcium 69 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, stir together zest, chili powder, and sea salt. Add shrimp to bowl with spice mixture and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes.
Alternately thread shrimp, citrus wedges, and peppers on 12 (10-inch) skewers (there should be several per skewer).
Heat the grill to medium-high.
Place the skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink and peppers are slightly charred (3-5 minutes). Transfer skewers to serving platter. Serve shrimp with romesco sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.