Coldn't find plums in the grocery store so made it without! Just shrimp and a salad, we loved it. The shrimp were delicious with and without the sauce. Quick, easy and delicious. We will make it often.
Grilled Shrimp-and-Plum Skewers with Sweet Hoisin Sauce
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
The ginger gives these kebabs a spicy, peppery bite that's mellowed by the sweet sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 kebab and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 3 plums, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- Sweet Hoisin Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2-inch) julienne-cut green onions (optional)
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Toss shrimp, plums, ginger, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Thread 3 shrimp and 3 plum sections alternately onto each of 4 (10-inch) skewers.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Sweet Hoisin Sauce into a cup; place remaining sauce in a serving bowl. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook for 4 minutes. Turn kebabs, and brush with about 1/4 cup sauce. Cook 4 minutes. Turn the kebabs; brush with about 1/4 cup sauce. Cook 2 minutes, turning once. Serve remaining 1/2 cup sauce as a dipping sauce. Garnish with onions and lime wedges, if desired.
- Totals include Sweet Hoisin Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note