Southern Living MAY 2010
1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
4. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.
5. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
6. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers, and toss with green beans, crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, roasted almonds, and remaining 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette. Serve over hot cooked cornbread, if desired.
Go to full version of