This combination with the Basal Vinaigrette dressing is amazing! I almost didn't make the cornbread, but I'm so glad that I did. All of the flavors together are terrific!
Grilled Shrimp-and-Green Bean Salad
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lydia Pursell
More From Southern Living
Other: 40 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups (5 1/2 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Cornbread (optional)
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat.
- 4. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.
- 5. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 6. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers, and toss with green beans, crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, roasted almonds, and remaining 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette. Serve over hot cooked cornbread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note