Wow! What a wonderful recipe! I made it as an entree for only three of us so I cut the recipe in half; we could have easily eaten more so I think it will serve only 4. I also added some romaine lettuce and spring mix to give it more "salad" and we loved it! I think this would make a great pasta salad or the shrimp and vinaigrette over brown rice would make a wonderful dish. Will definitely be making this again and share with our friends!
Grilled Shrimp-and-Green Bean Salad
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
Chill: 15 Minutes
Grill: 4 Minutes
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Cornbread (optional)
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.
- 3. Combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- 4. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with green beans, bacon, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and remaining 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette. Serve over hot cornbread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note