- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided
- 6 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Cornbread (optional)
How to Make It
Soak wooden skewers in water to cover 30 minutes.
Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.
Combine shrimp and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with green beans, bacon, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and remaining 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette. Serve over hot cornbread, if desired.