Grilled Shellfish with Romesco Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 14.5mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed (about 2 pounds)
- 24 mussels, scrubbed and debearded (about 2 pounds)
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare sauce, place bread directly onto oven rack. Broil 2 minutes on one side or until toasted; remove from oven and cut into cubes. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 3 garlic cloves; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add paprika, tomatoes, and jalapeño; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bread.
- Place bread mixture, bell pepper, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, almonds, and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare shellfish, combine parsley, 1 teaspoon oil, shrimp, and 1 garlic clove in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill. Place clams and mussels directly onto grill rack; grill 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Serve shellfish with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes