My boyfriend and I loved this recipe!! Will omit the jalapenos next time though but was excellent!
Grilled Seafood Po'Boy
Photo: Tina Evans
Yield: 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Sodium: 711mg
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 25.8g
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 (10-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillet
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 French sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Cut fish crosswise into 1-inch slices. Combine shrimp and fish in a shallow dish, and sprinkle with Creole seasoning. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Combine lemon juice and oil in a small bowl; pour over seafood. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cut red peppers into thin strips; pat dry. Seed and chop jalapeño pepper. Combine peppers, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Drain seafood, and place in a grill basket coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350°-400°) 7 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Place seafood, tomato slices, and lettuce evenly on bottom halves of rolls; spread top halves of rolls with mayonnaise mixture, and place on sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note