Grilled Scallops with Tomato-Mint Sauce and Orzo
Soaking wood skewers in water keeps the ends from burning.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (2/3-ounce) package fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds sea scallops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups hot cooked orzo
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, tossing to combine. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Drain and reserve juice from tomato mixture; set mixture and juice aside.
- Thread scallops evenly onto wood skewers that have been soaked in water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and brush scallops with reserved juice.
- Grill scallops, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until scallops are opaque. Serve over cooked orzo, and top with reserved tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes