YUUUMMMM!!! This recipe is one of my new favorites on myrecipes.com. It is light, tasty, quick, easy and of course...Delicious!!! I made the whole dish in about 15 minutes, including prep and cooking. Can't beat that! It makes for a great healthy option for a breezy summer night. I highly recommend this dish! I also served mine with a little broccolini on the side.
Grilled Scallops with Honeydew-Avocado Salsa
To go with grilled scallops, Marcia Kiesel creates her own version of salsa verde by combining sweet honeydew and buttery avocado in a fruit salsa (yes, avocado is a fruit). The salsa is what wine geeks call "round in flavor," meaning it's not too tart or tangy, and it would be excellent with an equally "round" oaked California Chardonnay.
- Finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds honeydew melon, rind removed and melon cut into 1/4-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, combine the lime zest and juice with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the diced honeydew melon and avocado. Season the salsa with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until nicely charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to plates, spoon the salsa alongside and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note