Grilled Sausages with Asparagus
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 3 lemons, halved and divided
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped and divided
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage links
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°) heat. Squeeze juice from 2 lemon halves to equal 2 Tbsp. Stir together pesto, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup walnuts. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; toss asparagus with olive oil.
- 2. Grill sausage, without grill lid, 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning occasionally. At the same time, grill asparagus, without grill lid, 4 minutes or until tender. Brush asparagus with pesto mixture, and transfer to a serving platter. Grill remaining 4 lemon halves, cut sides down, 1 minute or until charred. Place on platter with asparagus. Slice sausage, and arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This