More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Grill: 20 Minutes
- 4 fresh pork sausages*
- 2 (12-oz.) bottles lager beer**
- 2 (8-inch) hoagie rolls
- Sweet Pepper-Onion Relish
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Bring sausages and beer to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Cut a 1/2-inch-deep wedge from top of each roll. Reserve wedges for another use, if desired. Cut rolls in half crosswise.
- 3. Grill sausages, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Place 1 sausage in each roll half. Spoon desired amount of Sweet Pepper-Onion Relish over each sausage.
- *Chicken sausages may be substituted.
- **4 1/2 cups water may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Johnsonville Stadium Style Brats and Yuengling Traditional Lager.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This