- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- About 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 whole sardines (1 1/4 lbs. total), cleaned and backbones removed
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup curly parsley leaves
- calories 520
- caloriesfromfat 49 %
- protein 22 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 12 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 9.5 g
- sodium 1019 mg
- cholesterol 39 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 cup oil, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup dressing over sardines in another medium bowl and let sit 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add beans, tomatoes, and parsley to remaining dressing and toss to coat.
Using a wad of oiled paper towels and tongs, oil cooking grate. Starting with skin side down, cook sardines, turning once, until cooked through and dark grill marks appear, about 5 minutes.
Divide bean salad among 4 plates. Top each with 2 sardine pieces.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.