loved the cucumber sauce as well !! served with baked potatoes. put 3 teaspoons horseradish in, but could have used more. used onion powder instead of green onion.
Grilled Salmon with Tangy Cucumber Sauce
Salmon, once a common commodity in Northeast waters, remains a traditional Independence Day dish in New England. This recipe showcases the classic combination of salmon, cucumber, and horseradish. Use two spatulas to make handling the salmon easier. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 42.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 1 cup cubed seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (3-pound) salmon fillet (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir well. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Prepare grill.
- 3. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place fish, skin side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Rotate fish one quarter-turn (45 degrees) for diamond-shaped crosshatches. Grill 3 minutes. Turn fish over; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with sauce and dill sprigs, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes