Grilled Salmon With Minted Cucumber Sauce
More From Health
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 146mg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 medium cucumber, cubed, seeded, and peeled
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- Fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Place garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin in a mixing bowl; mash to a paste with the back of a wooden spoon. Add yogurt and mint; stir well. Stir in cucumber gently, and set mixture aside.
- 2. Set up your grill for direct grilling, and preheat to high. Clean and oil grate (with vegetable oil).
- 3. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of fish fillets. Arrange fish on grate or place in grilling basket (the pieces should run diagonal to the grate), and grill about 3 minutes per side or until cooked to taste, rotating each piece 90 degrees after 1 1/2 minutes to create a crosshatch of grill marks.
- 4. Spoon cucumber sauce over fish; garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note