- 4 (8-oz.) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh chives, parsley, and tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Vegetable cooking spray
How to Make It
Sprinkle salmon evenly with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
Sauté shallots in 1 Tbsp. hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat.
Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; whisk in remaining oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thickened and blended. Stir in shallots, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt, sugar, herbs, and, if desired, crushed red pepper.
Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray; place on grill over high heat (400° to 500°). Place salmon on cooking grate, and grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with vinaigrette.