This is my all time favorite salmon recipe. My nephew who has been visiting us since he was 12 years old, and is now 25, and he always requests that I make this salmon recipe. Now, his younger brother has the same request, when he visits.
Grilled Salmon with East-West Spice Rub and Orange-Soy Glaze
Don't remove the skin from the salmon until after you've taken it off the grill. The skin protects the flesh from the intense heat, allowing it to cook on just one side. This eliminates having to flip the fillets, which often fragments the fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 357
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 36.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 716mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- Spice mixture:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (3 x 1/2-inch) orange rind strips
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 2 inches thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- To prepare spice mixture, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare glaze, combine rind and next 8 ingredients (rind through cinnamon) in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Strain through a sieve; discard solids.
- Prepare grill.
- Rub the fillets with spice mixture. Cover; refrigerate 10 minutes. Place, skin sides down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 16 minutes, covered, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting occasionally with glaze. Remove skin; discard. Arrange fillets on a platter; sprinkle with sliced onions and sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Salmon with East-West Spice Rub and Orange-Soy Glaze Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This